Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Ode to Lenny's

Oh, how you’re tasty in my mouth
And now, you’re mostly in the South.
Nevada is the one exception,
But, that can be one’s own perception.

Technically, it is below
The Mason Dixon line, fo’ sho’
But I digress, for what I said
Has nothing to do with Lenny’s bread.

Frank thinks it is just like a brick,
But, I believe it does the trick.
It’s lovely and it tastes so good.
Like it, Frank, you really should!

We’ll have a party, they’ll be one rule.
Green velvet shoes (just flats, not mule).
We’ll eat and eat, there’ll be such joy.
Sandwiches for each girl and boy.

Turkey, bacon, and ham on wheat,
With cheese, I think, would be a treat!
We’ll eat them up, and say, “Oh yum!”
And, eat some more, until we’re numb.

Our feet all clad in velvet green.
Our stomachs filled up to our spleen.
Huzzah! to those who love this food!
Huzzah! to you and all your brood!

I can’t express my love for you,
But we all know that this is true.
I love you Lenny’s (and love you bunches!)
Could eat your subs for all my lunches.

For those of you whose thoughts may differ,
I leave you this, Just take one whiff
Or, taste it, and you’ll know. You’ll see!
It is as good as good can be.

6 comments:

Becca said...

everything's not about you, frank. i did not do this to spite you.

and so i shall repeat:
everything's not about you, frank.

van Danne said...

that was amazing.

and i was just thinking about lenny's this morning. hm. lunch.

fa-so-la-la said...

I dub thee Poet Laureate of Lenny's.

Jen said...

You're so multi-talented.

Deidra said...

It is no secret that i am the food master..soo I think I'd be an excellent candidate to taste test this Lenny's madness. I'd be happy to settle this and give a very detatiled report on whether or not I think that they are too "bread happy." sooooo...where's the nearest Lenny's???
ps~i like the poem

Becca said...

I'll go with you, Dee. We should go soon too because I've been craving some Lenny's lately. Frank, we know you don't like Lenny's bread so there's no need to comment about it again.