Friday, August 19, 2011

Weekend Brain

Ever had it?

I've had a bad case of it today.  It's much like Senior-itis, but it doesn't last as long.  Influenza is to Senior-itis as Stomach Bug is to Weekend Brain.

It probably has something to do with the fact that I'm recording a CD with my best friends tonight.  That definitely adds to it, but normally I can push through work days when I have something new and exciting coming up.

I imagine it's much like being a kid again at the dinner table.   You have to eat your vegetables first before you can have dessert.   They're not so bad when they're hot and just served, but as I push them around the plate procrastinating their final demise it just gets worse.  Their cold and I'm tired of the taste and texture.  It also doesn't help that I can see and smell the hot brownies that just came out of the oven.  Who is going to think about those vegetables anymore when the brownies are overpowering my senses?!

Oh man...

Now I have Chocolate Brain.

No comments: