Thursday, September 13, 2007

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." -Donald Porter

Customer service is of utmost importance to me. I have worked in sales long enough to know that if you are good to your customers then you get repeat business and a good repoire with them every time they come to the store. If you aren't good to them, then they spread the exact details and tell all of their friends, and anyone they run into, not to go to Said Company.

I would like to tell all of my friends not to go the the Sbarro in downtown Nashville.

Let me recount...

Most of the time I get water because I just want to drink it, and buying bottled water is just silly to me. I got tap water at this not-so-authentic Italian eatery, along with baked ziti and a garlic roll. I was pretty thirsty so I took a drink of my water, and then proceeded to over to the condiment counter where I got some parmesean cheese, salt, and a fork. I got over to my seat and was about to take a drink of my water, but I noticed some black specks floating in it. Ew. I went back over to the cashier and told him I had black things in my water. He poured it out and got me some more, but this time he noticed that there were still black dots in it. An awkward silence...

"Would you like something else to drink?"

"Well, yeah.", I thought.

"I really just want some water.", I replied.

"Would you like a bottle water?", he asked.

"Yes, that would be great.", I answered back.

"That'll be $1.98.", he told me.

"Seriously? He's really going to charge me for some water when I just had black floaty things in mine?", I thought.

Awkward silence...
I just stared at him until I said, "No, I just won't have anything then".

Now, I realize that I didn't pay for a drink. I get that, but my free drink should not be hazardous to my health. If I were that Italian food server/cashier I would have (1) apologized profusely and (2) given me a free drink.

Customer service, people. Get some.

5 comments:

katy said...

My personal favorite is the Target employees that talk to each other over my head and completely ignore me while they ring up my stuff.

I'm feeling ya. It sucks.

Becca said...

Oh, I hate that. It just makes me mad, and I don't particularly like being mad.

katy said...

Me neither.

It's weird. I turn green and my muscles get big and, frankly, I'm tired of replacing my shirts.

Anonymous said...

poor you.
at least you got pizza, eh?

when i get a job...which, hopefully, won't be any time soon, i don't plan on applying to a restraunt/pizza place.

i think customer service has progressivley gotten worse.
stupid people like the dude at sbarro make me feel awkward and stupid. and then i get mad at myself for not voicing what i'm saying in my head.


i hate feeling awkard and stupid.
then i feel like a turtle.

come to providence in mount juliet.
people there are nice.
=]

Becca said...

well, actually i got pasta, but it was good. i wanted cicis but that is a different story.