Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Birds Can't Snap

I'm sitting outside because it's beautiful today. It's sunny and about 60 degrees. It's amazing what a day like this will do for a person's mood. I just feel better because it's nice out today. I think the birds do, too.

At first, I just saw two of them talking to each other. And now, I think there are 5 or 6 of them. But are they actually communicating, or are they just enjoying the sounds that they are making? Is it just a deep discussion or are they composing a song, hymn, aria, ditty, bird shanty?

They seem to be congregating in groups. One group is on one side of the tree and the other is residing on the opposing side. This reminds me of West Side Story. Except, there's no snapping because birds don't have opposable thumbs...or fingers.

I can't wait for spring to get here. Winter is such a dreary season.



P.S. I just saw a dog with a ghetto booty.

2 comments:

Androphenese said...

a beautiful thing, 60 degrees is.

katy said...

I think Big Bird can...