Saturday, June 24, 2006

Thankfulness

I like to think that I'm a good driver. I'm usually very aware of what's going on around me and I tend to imagine scenarios that could possibly happen, and then proceed to figure how to get out of the situation that I just made up in my head. Whenever I see vehicles with things hanging off of them, or trucks carrying flamable liquids, or trucks carrying milk (because they look like gas tankers), I tend to get out of the way. You don't want to be in the way if one of those things was to tip over. (There's a new mental picture of cow-tipping.) I guess my imagination gets away with me sometimes, but I always want to be ready for anything that could happen.

Today, I saw a truck carrying something that would be worse than gas or milk or random objects if it were to tip over on the interstate; even worse, if this particular truck tipped over on me.

I've never been a fan of Port-a-Pottys. They're stinky and unsanitary, and who know's whos been in those things and how long they've been sitting out in the sun for hours on end, festering. I think I'd be even less of a fan if one tipped over on me while driving down the interstate. My mind then began to imagine this happening. I quickly became very grossed out thinking about it (probably about how you're feeling right now). As I passed the Port-a-Truck, I remember being very thankful that it didn't tip on or even near me. And, then I remembered thinking how weird it was that I was thinking about that.

Nevertheless, I think it's good to express what you're thankful for, and I'm thankful I didn't end up in a Port-a-Potty on the interstate.

1 comment:

Deidra said...

i'm thankful for bathrooms and toilets.