Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Run, Forest, Run!

I wasn't particularly in the best mood today. The polka did help that a little, and I worked on my book today (which is looking particularly cute.) I decided to come home and take a nap. I think I fell asleep around 5:45 and woke up 3 hours later. I don't think it qualifies as a nap if it's over two hours. After I got up, I tried to motivate myself to go run (which I had been doing all day).

I finally got up the energy to go over to the REC center and run. I planned to run for about 30 minutes, a short run, and be done with it. Then, something amazing happened. The spirit of Forest Gump possessed my body (which is weird to think about), but I just started running and I didn't want to stop. When I got to 40 minutes, I thought, "I can go for an hour" When I hit the hour mark I told myself to go ten more minutes, which lead to ten more minutes, which lead to ten more minutes. That is when I stopped. I thought an hour and a half of running was quite enough.

I lost count of the mileage after 4 miles, I just quit caring, but I think I figured that I went about nine and a half miles.

It's nice to know that I'm only 4 miles away from the half marathon at the end of April.

3 comments:

Deidra said...

and you thought you were behind...

Becca said...

yeah, well....i guess i'm not. thanks for commenting. you're my one true friend. :o)

beatrice said...

Let me quote you --
Woot!
Or, in the adjective sense of the word --
I'm feeling very woot! about that!