Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Oh, happy!

It was 4:30 in the afternoon. The sun was going down behind the clouds and I was hungry. Not just your normal everyday kind of hungry, I was hungry for something special. I needed something that would please my palette and stun my senses. I needed Lenny's.

I pulled into the parking lot and saw the wonderful all-American, red, white, and blue sign welcoming me and I could almost sense it wondering why it had been so long since I had been to visit. When I stepped out of my Civic, I smelled a heavenly smell. Bread, meat, cheese, meat, cheese, lettuce, pickles and more bread. There is no comparison to the wonderment of that combination of smells. My stomach danced in anticipation of the reward it was about to be given. My mouthed watered just at the thought of tasting that tastyful sandwich again.

I was greeted as I walked in the door. This is just one of the many pluses of going to a Lenny's Sub Shop. By no means is it the particular reason that I go, it just makes the whole experience more....better.

As I walked up to the counter to order, I answered the question before it was even asked.

"#7, white bread, cheese."

I was the only one that needed to speak. The expert who was creating the masterpiece worked in silence, and I knew exactly what to say.

"Lettuce, pickles........salt, pepper, and oregano..........olive oil........to go."

After I had paid for my masterpiece, the artist thanked me for knowing exactly what I wanted, but I must say that due thanks are in order to him. Without him, no sandwich, no happiness, no joy. Without him, Sonic drive-in.

I don't feel there is any need to explain how utterly amazing it was to eat. The flavors blended so well that there is no way to describe. You must eat it yourself to experience the joy of a #7 Lenny's sub.

The next time the sun is going down behind the clouds and you see a Lenny's Sub Shop shining out of sheer amazingness, smile, and know that joy is created there. Happiness...is created there.

4 comments:

Deidra said...

dude..you should do a lenny's commercial or something...

Becca said...

i would do that.

then maybe i could get free lenny's all the time. yeah, that would be awesome.

van Danne said...

this is a very good post.

i had lenny's yesterday. twice. it's amazing how it never gets old. and that's even with getting the same thing practically every time.

Deidra said...

ugh..i want lenny's!