Friday, February 03, 2006

Awesomely Cheesy

You know them and love them...

This blog is dedicated to those songs that we know and love, but deep down we know that they are cheesy, confusing, or just plain dumb. It still doesn't stop me from singing them loud in my car.


"I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can, so I can see the light." --Corey Hart

"I've been through the desert on a horse with no name. It feels good to get out of the rain. In the desert, you can remember your name. 'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain." --America

"I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes. I saw the sign. No one's gonna drag you up to get into the life where you belong, but where do you belong." --Ace of Base

"Do you really want to hurt me? Do you really want to make me cry?" --Culture Club

"Unbreak my heart, say you'll love me again. Undo this hurt you caused when you walked out the door and walked outta my life. Uncry these tears I cried so many nights. Unbreak my heart, my heart." --Toni Braxton

"People, people who need people are the luckiest people in the world." --Barbara Streisand

"Don't need money, don't take fame. Don't need no credit cards to ride this train. It's strong and it's sudden and it's cruel sometimes, but it might just save your life. It's the power of love." --Huey Lewis and the News

"Sweet dreams are made of this. Who am I to disagree? I travel the world and the seven seas. Everybody's lookin' for somethin'." --Eurhymics

Anybody else have any cheesy songs?

10 comments:

van Danne said...

this has nothing to do with your post. but every time i see duct tape now i start feeling creative.

Becca said...

hahaha...i start feeling overwhelmed when i see duct tape.

fa-so-la-la said...

How 'bout this gem from Dolly Parton?

::whispered breathily::

"If a picture's worth a thousand words, then why can't I paint you??"

Becca said...

oooh, that's a good one!

Deidra said...

this song really isn't that chessy, but i laugh everytime i hear it now.
"my hands are small i know but they're not yours they are my own but they're not yours they are my own and i will never be broken.."
Jewel

katy said...

I have no others... you have covered all of my favorites. I have a sick, undying love for '80's music. I am impressed that someone of your age is so knowledgeable. Well done, grasshopper.

Becca said...

what a coincidence katy... i have a sick, undying love for 80's music too.

Becca said...

oh and dee...i laugh everytime i hear that song.

Lynn Bruce said...

But for the biggest chunk of cheese, you have to go back a few years into the late 70's, the cheese ball that started it all:

Debbye Boone, You Light Up My Life

(covered later by LeeAnn Rimes)

That's some big holey cheese right there.

crystal potts said...

why did you do it?
why did you set your monkey free?
always gettin into it-
do you love your monkey, or do you love me?-george michael