Monday, January 23, 2006

Well, it hasn't been the best day in the world...

Let me start with the weekend because it was much more fun than today was.

Friday, Erin-Marie and I decided that we would go running on the Greenway which goes around Murfreesboro. I didn't plan to run long because Dee and I were planning a five mile run for Saturday and we got a bunch of other people to come with us. Anyway, we started to run and before you knew it, we had gone about 4.5 miles in 50 minutes. Needless to say I was very pooped. But, I knew that we were going to Moe's afterwards to meet another friend of ours, Sarah, for lunch. We decided that it should be a tradition that we run and then eat every Friday for the rest of the semester. After all of that, I went home and anxiously awaited the big run and all of my friends coming. When everyone finally arrived we headed to Crocket Park to run our 5 miles. It started out well, I was feeling good. Then we hit a mile and I slowed my pace a bit. (That is very normal for me.) Dee and I were running together with the rest of the group ahead of us. Erin-Marie, Dad, and Frank had pulled ahead and were quite a bit in front of us. Dan was running 9 miles that day, so we didn't see him for a while. When Dee and I were reaching the 2.5 mile mark it was basically all uphill and I was getting pretty tired, but I ran faster up the hill so it would be over quicker.

We made it up the hill and turned around and went back the way we came, and then something amazing happened. Dee and I got our second wind and we were slowly gaining on the three in front of us. I was no longer tired. I felt great and it made me want to run even faster, so I did. We eventually passed them and finished the 5 miles in about 52 minutes, but we decided to run for a complete hour. So, we're thinking that we ran about 5.5 miles that day in an hour. We were pretty much thrilled.

We went back home, showered, decided to rent a movie, at a little dinner, went to get the movie, then came back and played an amazing game called "Apples to Apples". What made it better is that Meagan, Daniel, David, and Christina joined the rest of us to play funniest game...ever. Oh, I laughed so hard. I don't know exactly how to explain the game, you just have to play. So, please do. We decided on a scary movie, "The Skeleton Key", which wasn't that scary and kinda ended dumbly. (But, I've accepted it.) OH! and we had ice cream....Moose Tracks.

I was really excited to be back at church on Sunday. Dan and I watched some "Firefly". It was a tv show that shouldn't have been cancelled. We decided we needed more ice cream. It was good again. We played a riveting game of rummy. (I won.) And, we decided to use poker chips to, but that just got too confusing so we just got a red one if we won, and a green card from "Apples to Apples". Then we watched two more episodes of "Firefly". I believe it was around 3:40 when I went to bed this morning....

Which brings me today...

I woke up at 7:45am. I got up to get ready to go to class this morning. While I was driving on the interstate this lady was doing some sort of crazy hand motions at me. At first, I thought she was telling me to stay in my lane, but I thought that couldn't have been it, because I was in my lane. Then she proceeded to do the crazy motions and point to my right front tire. She was very adamant about motioning towards my tire. I concluded that there must have been something wrong with it. I pulled over in the parking lot of Moe's in Murfreesboro. I got out and checked the side that she was motioning towards. Yes, indeed. Flat. It was about 25 minutes until my class started, and at that point I didn't think I was going to make it there. I was right. At first Frank was going to come get me and take me to class, but I wouldn't have a way back to my car. So, I decided to call AAA right then. It was about 9:20 when I called. They said it would take about an hour. At 11:20 the wrecker guy pulled up and changed my tire. Then, I went over and got my flat tire patched. Another 45 minutes of my day was sitting on a bench at Southeast Tire. But, thankfully my tire is now fixed, it just took too long to do it. Such is life...

4 comments:

Deidra said...

oh man flat tires blow.. i've been there far too often. i'm the curb queen ya know...

van Danne said...

i just felt like i should mention the words on our green apples to apples cards...

rebecca:
selfish
boring
..
.. I don't remember the other two (help?)

me:
hot
rich

inappropriate considering the fact that i lost. and neither she nor i are any of the things on our cards.

Becca said...

frustrating...and...doh. i can't remember.

Chris said...

Hmmmmm.

Me thinks it might be time for a quick course on tire changing, for as many as are needing (this includes you, curb queen).

Armed with know-how and its resulting confidence, you might even had made it to class. Takes 10, 15 minutes tops. I'll have to organize something.