Monday, January 09, 2006

My dad ran 16 miles last Tuesday...

On his 50th birthday he decided to run 10 miles, and every year since he has added an extra mile to that. This year was 16 miles and we always expect him to run it, but he kind of turned the tables on us this year at Christmas.

He challenged all of the family to run a half-marathon in April. I was all about it, with no hesitation whatsoever. Then I thought about it. 13.5 miles is a lot of miles, but I basically psyched myself up to do it. Then I told Dee about it, and she's planning to run it too.

We ran in Michigan last week. I wore a funny hat.

We planned to run more, but we didn't and then it got super-duper-uber cold. Okay no, just super cold, too cold to run without freezing out your lungs.

I ran on Sunday night with Frank for about 20 minutes. And, I ran tonight with two girls who are RAs here at Womack with me for 30 minutes. As I was running around, I met a girl who lives here at Womack and she wants to go with us too.

I plan on running tomorrow, but my schedule may not allow it because I basically work from 8:00am-8:00pm tomorrow. Maybe I can fit it in the day somewhere. We'll see.

I plan on leaving updates on my progress here on my blog. As of right now, I can run for 30 minutes just fine. I could have gone longer today but I had to leave for chorus right after I got finished running. I hope I wasn't too stinky.

7 comments:

Deidra said...

for anybody who runs..never eat a yogurt parfait prio to running...

Becca said...

agreed. i almost saw the affects of it.

Dory said...

hey you should come down here and join me for my half marathon in march! Scenery is prettier in Seaside...

Becca said...

that would be awesome, but i'm hoping that i'll be ready by april for mine. and i have school and such. otherwise, i'm there!

Jen said...

Did you know you have some form of the word "run" ten times in this blog? That's impressive.
You weren't stinky. I would have let you know by subtly wrinkling my nose and exclaiming "EWWWWW."
I want to see a picture of the funny hat. Now.

Deidra said...

We got some!!!

Becca said...

i'm glad you noticed my subtle message to all of you out there, jen. i did it to make you all think that you should RUN!!! RUUUUNNNN!!!!! muwahahahaha

ok no...i actually had no idea.