Friday, January 13, 2006

I'm in better shape than I thought

I basically ran all week (and went to RA training). It's addicting (running, not RA training).

I was running yesterday around campus and I had prepared myself for a 30 minute run. I wasn't sure how I would handle this, but I had done it on Monday so I figured it wasn't a fluke and I could do it again. When I was nearing the 20 minute mark I was getting tired, but I didn't give up because I know now that when I reach my 25 minute mark I can keep going and not be extremely tired. I hit 30 minutes and convinced myself that I should try for 40 minutes. I was feeling great and not tired at all so, I took another route around Womack and towards Scarlett. I had to be at Scarlett at 5:30pm anyway so I decided to make my way there, sweat and all. It was nearing 5:30 and I was getting a bit upset because I wanted to keep going, but I stopped at 40 minutes and wasn't out of breath. I felt like I could have gone for another 20 minutes. I'm not at all sore today, and I love the feeling after I've run so long.

Ok, enough about running. I'm sure you all will here lots more about it in the future.

2 comments:

Becca said...

you can still go out with Running. i'm sure Running will wait for you.

you should train for the half-marathon in knoxville and come run with me and dee and my family.

van Danne said...

yay running!!