Monday, December 12, 2005

Metaphoricornality

As I was taking my History of Photography final, I had an interesting thought.

My brain is a grapefruit. (Bear with me)

When I eat a grapefruit, I slice it in half, add sugar, and then procede to eat it section by section with a spoon. After I am finished with all of the sections, I squeeze the rind with my left hand until the last drops of precious juice fill my spoon (which is in my right hand), and then I savor the grapefruity goodness for a few seconds more.

My brain understands how the grapefruit feels. I had to remember a ridulous amount of information for this final. The knowledge is equivolent to the sections of the grapefruit. My brain is the spoon extracting the pulpy flesh from the grapefruit of knowledge. When I thought I was finished extracting all the information from my grapefruit, I remembered the juice in the bottom. So, I squeezed every last ounce of juice from my brain, and came up with a few more answers which I thought that had gotten lost in the vast grapefruit chasm. And, then I moved on to the second half of the test.

The squeezed grapefruit and I can now relate.

10 comments:

van Danne said...

"The Grapefruit of Knowledge." Very nice.

"What do you think?"

"I don't know, ask the Grapefruit of Knowledge."

van Danne said...

oh and you know what?

you're on a RAMPAGE!!

Becca said...

jeff, i'm glad that you can relate.

oh and joe...i know! i'm a bloggin' fool!

someone should really stop me soon.

Androphenese said...

that was so incerdible hilarious, becca, I think I shall never get over it!

Becca said...

why thank you ludwig. but i hope that you do get over it, so it doesn't get in the way of your life.

katy said...

I don't care for grapefruit. Is that OK???

van Danne said...

rebecca... you haven't posted in TWO DAYS. what about our co-RAMPAGE!!

Becca said...

i had to take a break from my RAMPAGE but i'm back, in full force. be afraid.

or not.

Lynn Bruce said...

I think I would like you.
Please remember that if we ever get to meet up in a crowd somewhere.

I'll be the alleged grownup pretending that the squeezed grapefruit half on her head is a pretty dress-up yarmulke. Just so you'll know.

Becca said...

haha, thanks shenaynay. i've been amused by some of your comments on joe black's blog as well, and i think i would like you too.


i'll look out for that grapefruit yarmulke, so i know when i see you.