Monday, October 24, 2005

We Made Out Like Eskimos

What a fantastic weekend that Last Minute had in Atlanta, Georgia!! We went down there to help out the Song of Atlanta sweet adeline chorus with their first Festival of Harmony for young barbershop singers. We stayed at Becki Hine's house (the director of Song of Atlanta). She has the most amazing house. Three floors, a HUGE kitchen and living room, and a downstairs that I wanted to take home with me and attach on my apartment. The downstairs had a ping-pong table which we played many a game on. Their dog, Harley was a fan of ping-pong balls, and I skinned my elbow tackling her trying to get the ball back. For the rest of the weekend I thought that it would be best if I told everyone, "I hurt my eblow!" sparatically and then show where I hurt it.

On Saturday, we were helped with the high school girls and a collegiate quartet called New Release was helping out with the high school boys.

All the kids were so great and so supportive of us. They were amazingly excited to be there and I think in all there were about 160 kids. I think the girls won with about 115. We learned Yesterday, Lean On Me, and Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better (which we sang with the boys).

The show that evening was fantastic. Last Minute sang Goody Goody and We Go Together (I did the robot). The high schoolers were so funny because they were so loud when they cheered for us after every song. The kids did great on the show and asked us after the show if we would sign their shirts (they got shirts so they could look uniform) and music. It was so cute. I always go away feeling like a celebrity because of all the attention that we get.

After the show, we went back to Becki's for an after party where we laughed and talked and had a ping-pong tournament. Me and the baritone from New Release were the doubles champions. We met a lot of great people and had a fanastic and extremely quick weekend. It was sad to come back to the real world, but when we got ice cream this morning it made the transition a little easier.

2 comments:

Deidra said...

i think playin ping pong was my favorite part.

Owl of the Desert said...

Becca, this is Laura K. :-) I want to hear Last Minute perform!!! I listened over the computer last time you were down this way...but I want to see a live performance!

Sounds like ya'll have been having a really great semester togther. Let me know if ya'll come down this way... :-)