Tuesday, October 04, 2005

This doesn't have a happy ending...

Planning ahead tends to be a difficult thing for me. Let me prove it to you.

Where to start...

Last week on Monday, I was in my Civic when it decided to stop on me. I took the family van, and I remembered to get my parking tag out of the Civic. I drove to school in the un-airconditioned automobile and parked in my normal spot. School happened throughout the week, and then I went back home on Sunday morning.

I've been needing to take my bike with me to school (last week would have been perfect because I had the van, but who knew the Civic was going to go out on me), so Dad and I shoved the bike into the trunk of the Civic.

When I leave, my parents and I go through a routine. I hug Dad and Mom, and then Mom procedes to ask me if I have everything that I need, this time reminding me that I need to get my parking pass out of the van. I had forgotten so I thanked her for reminding me.

I drive back to school with a carload of clothes, books, and bike. Before I get to school, Frank and I decided to grab a bite to eat, so I went to his place first. When I pulled into his apartment complex, I noticed it. No...I noticed the lack of it. My parking tag was not hanging on my rearview mirror. Blast.

Taco Bell was good.

I decided to leave my car at Frank's apartment, as to evade a ticket, and then come back and get it on Monday. Frank drove me to my apartment, bike and all was well until I had to pick up my car back up from Frank's place.

I have chorus on Monday nights and I needed my car so I could go because Mom was bringing my parking tag.

Frank was over at the indoor pool, scuba-ing, so I rode my bike over to get the keys to his truck so I could drive back to his place to get my car. I collected Frank's keys and began to ride over to Frank's truck. And then the thought occured to me..."I can't get my bike in the back of my Civic by myself." As I neared Frank's truck, I decided to ride back to Womack to drop off my bike. My plan was to walk back the whole way to Frank's truck, but I remembered that someone owed me a favor. Thankfully, they were able to drive me back.

I must say that I quite enjoyed driving that truck.

I got my Civic and drove back to MTSU to give Frank his keys back, but I had to park. I looked for an open metered spot but I didn't see any, so I parked in faculty parking because I was only going take 3 minutes to give Frank his keys back.

When I was walking back to my car, I smiled at a guy walking towards me, but then I noticed something in his hand. It was one of those ticket-giver-outer-thingys. I thought to myself, "He was just at my car! What a wasted smile..."

Sure enough, after all that, there was a ticket on my windshield...

1 comment:

Deidra said...

ohh..don't get me started on parking. they are mean sons a guns aren't they?? they certainly don't seem to have much compassion for anybody.