Tuesday, September 27, 2005

A Walker's Thoughts #1

I think if I could grow a third hand I would grow an air horn, but it would be one that I could control with my mind instead of having to use one of my other hands to control it by pushing a button or flipping a switch or anything of the sort.

This comes to mind because I've nearly been killed a few times on campus....this semester.

I don't believe the bikers on campus know what a speed limit sign is. They, like the rest of us walkers and drivers and skateboarders and scooterers, have to obey the law. I have had close encounters two times this semester (4 weeks) already with bikers trying to run me over. Hence the air horn. I could just blow it in their faces and they would know from then on to leave "Air Horn Hand Girl" alone, or a least be a little more cautious while riding.

I am no longer scared of the cyclists on campus after today. I'm scared of jeeps, and other cars, but especially jeeps like the one that nearly hit me today while I was walking back to my apartment. You can see where my air horn hand would be very useful at this point.

This is just one of the many things I come up with while I walk around campus. There will be much more to come. I just thought I should share the dangers of walking on campus without an air horn hand with you first because I felt it was of most importance.

2 comments:

van Danne said...

Dear Air Horn Hand Girl,

I think your air horn hand is awesome.

a fan.

Deidra said...

i agree..an air horn hand would be mighty handy. there are a few bikers on belmont that have come close to running me over before. no jeeps tho.