Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Classtime Thoughts - This is based on a true story

In my organizational behavior class, we asked ourselves if our garbage was being disposed of properly. This lead to an interesting statement by my teacher:

Plasic is forever.

This struck a funny chord with me (like a diminished minor 7th) because I always thought that diamonds were forever. So, using my teacher's logic, we should inform the diamond engagement rings companies and let them know they have been wrong all this time. Engagement rings should be made of plastic. Who cares if they're ugly! Who cares if they makes your fingers sweat and blister! Plastic is forever, my friends, and we must inform our nation!

2 comments:

Dee said...

I have to say, that is something that freaks me out--the plastics issue. I am also concerned about large appliances and the correct disposal of them when they no longer work.

I remember this episode of punky brewster when someone got stuck in an old, discarded refrigerator. It was the kind that has a handle on the outside that latches--but no handle on the inside.

van Danne said...

certainly makes things easier on the guys...