Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Would you like to share that with the class?

We all know how tough those middle school years are. All of the changes that are going on and the discovery of the opposite sex and let us not forget note writing (which sometimes helped nab the opposite sex). Note writing played a crucial part of the everyday life of the average to popular 7th grader. You knew you were special if you got notes from your friends. They risked getting called out in front of the whole class and also took the time to write you a note about what they had for lunch. Middle school existence would not have been the same if I didn't have a play by play of all of my friend's lives.

Recently, I found such notes that I had saved over the years. I shall share one with you.

"Becca~

Hey! I'm writing with my new markers! I am so glad it's Friday! Did you get your Mom anything for Mother's Day? I got my mom a gift! I have to finish my poetry project all this weekend! I'm going to do bad on the Math test! I don't under stand what we did last night for the home work! Oh well! I m so glad I got a 100% on my S.S. quiz! do you think you will be able to go to Greer's tom? I'm not sure if I can. Well Gotta Go! W/B

Jennifer"

This was obviously important imformation that needed to get to me. I'm not sure a lot of people know this, but you can measure the degree of signfiicance by counting all of the exclamation points in the note. This one has 9 total, but I think you can all see how crucial this note was for me to receive. Go ahead and dig up some old notes and determine the significance. It will probably also tell you how popular you were too.

My favorite part of the note is: "I got my mom a gift!"

6 comments:

rachel tsunami said...

oh cool. i think i can find some of those if i poke around in the attic...

great blog idea!

Becca said...

why thank you....it seems to be harder and harder to come up with them.

katy said...

You switched to beta. Sweet. I was thinking about doing that.

I've got some great notes! I shall have to dig them up! The multicolor thing will be hard to top! My friend, Kelly, had a highlighter (is that even spelled right?) habit! How you folded a note was also very important!

If only life could be that easy!

(6 !'s. Is that good?)

Becca said...

For the amount of sentences that you had in this response, I have to say that is fantastic! 6, exclamation points! Way to go!!

Becca said...

oh, and of course the way you fold it is important! that may be THE most important part of the note!

Lynn Bruce said...

we folded ours into paper footballs! we never used markers if we were writing something about a guy, because then somebody might be able to read through the back of the paper in study hall or something... no, no. boy stuff was written in pencil. always.

besides, boy stuff needs to be eraseable. because tomorrow is, after all, another day.