Sunday, August 06, 2006

Wow!!

Why do we get so bogged down in our lives? (I'm specifically talking to myself.) Why do we rush around and try to do everything ourselves?

On my way home from church, I did one simple thing. One thing that we should all be doing, and this one incredibly simple thing gave me so much joy because I did it because God said in His word to obey the laws of men.

I drove the speed limit. I don't normally do any excessive speeding, but this time I tried to stay exactly the speed limit.

This may seem very minor to some, but because of everything that God has done for me I think I can do one simple thing, like drive the speed limit. Do you know what I thought about the whole way home? I thought about how incredible, amazing, HUGE, there isn't even a word to describe in full detail how amazing God is. And, I thought about how I'm so unworthy of His mercies, but He still chose me as one of His children anyway. Wow! That blows my mind everytime I think about it. I just want to jump for joy out of sheer happiness!

I had a look around at this world that He created, and thought, "Wow!". Every once in a while, I'll just stop and look. And, everytime He amazes me more and more.

And, that was just one small thing that made me think on Him....

2 comments:

van Danne said...

you know what, all i really want to say is... thank you for sharing. but i mean it.

katy said...

Wanted to try this... but I was headed to the airport to pick up a friend and was running a SMIDGE late...

So I'll try it sometime soon. Promise.

You rock, Becca.