Thursday, April 20, 2006

My contribution to my book

Thanks to all who helped me out with my book. Those were some pretty fantastic poems. I thought I'd share the ones that I put in there as well.


Leonard's Spaceship

Leonard found a spaceship
It was out in his backyard
He tried to tell his mom and dad
And caught them quite offguard

"I promise you its out there!
I rode it to the moon.
A robot out there greeted me
As Captain Blabberboon

He showed me all the things up there
Like craters and moondust
It wasn't what I thought it'd be
Green men, I thought, a must

Bored with the moon we rode back home
My robot friend and me
I'd like for you to meet him
'Cause he's out beside the tree."

His parents looked in disbelief,
But saw something outside.
The robot waved and greeted them
His parents ran to hide.

"Don't be scared, he isn't mean
His face just looks that way.
He cared for me while on the moon,
and got me back okay."

"We're sorry that we doubted you."
His father said to him
"We didn't think you told the truth
But we were wrong again."

"Ah ha!", he cried, "You doubted me,
I did not tell a lie."
This goes to show a robot
Is a worthy alibi.


Cars, A haiku

Little boys like cars
Driving everyplace they can
Up their mother's leg


Tractors, A haiku

Tractors are my firiend
They dig and pour all day
Someday I'll drive one


Girls Are Weird

Why do girls like dressing up?
Why do girls like saying 'yup'?

Girls are weird.

Why do girls stay up all night
talking 'bout the boys they like?

Girls are weird.

Why don't girls like playing war
or playing with an apple core?

Girls are weird.

Why do girls like kissing boys?
I would rather play with toys.

Girls are weird!


Vegatables

As you can see
I hate broccolli
Greenbeans make me sick.

Carrots are gross
Turnips can't boast
Celery makes me go "ick!"

Mom makes me eat
Her "vegatable treat"
I'd rather go chew on a stick.

What can I do
When Mom makes me chew?
Tell her I'm as full as a tick.


Well, there they are.

Leonard's Spaceship is my favorite.

2 comments:

Deidra said...

One day i would like to meet Capt Blabberboon.

van Danne said...

yeah leonard's spaceship pretty much rocks. but i like the girls one too.

girls are weird.