Sunday, February 12, 2006

Opposite/Opposite

This is pretty simple. I'm just comparing things that I don't like to things that I do like. That's it.

Small talk/Having a long conversation about nothing with good friends
---I hate small talk. It's awkward and it means nothing. I wish that I could get past this, but I can't. If I'm talking to someone I know about nothing and having a good time about it, I find this to be productive, even if the conversation isn't.

Chicken on the bone/Buffalo chicken fingers

---It's the gristle that gets me, and the fact that I'm gnawing on a bone, but mostly the gristle. When that stuff gets in my mouth, I freak out. I don't know what to do with myself. Again, I have put myself in an awkward situation. Buffalo chicken fingers, on the otherhand, are my new favorite thing; no bones, and a very low possiblity of chicken fat in my mouth.

Cars that tell you when you should drive by honking/Courtesy honking

---The other day, while it was snowing, I was trying to turn right. Before I even got a chance to turn right, the car behind me honked at me. I thought it was a bit rude, but I put it behind me. I looked left seeing if I could go, and there were some cars coming, so I decided to wait because there wasn't anybody behind the two cars that were coming. Well, I got honked at again. This made me angry. I felt as if it was my, and only my, decision when to decide when to turn. On the other hand, I believe that courtesy honks are necessary sometimes. For example, when the light has been green for a good 7 seconds, give a little toot so the person knows when to go. Patience people, don't make things awkward.

I think that I'll continue this when more things come to me. I'm finding things all the time that annoy me.

No comments: